About Me

My photo
I am a 25 year old mother of one, who is 3 years old. I work for a local nursing home as a registered nurse/nursing supervisor. I have two cats that I adore greatly and a dog who is my first baby.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Guardian Angel

My Grandpa, aka my gaurdian angel
I recently came across these little facts about 9/11, and it made me think about my grandpa, aka my guardian angel.  I am not sure everyone has seen this list of coincidinces that is making it around the internet, but I personally found it somewhat inspirational. 


The "Little" things
  • As you might know the head of a company survived 9/11 because his son started kindergarten
  • Another fellow is alive because it was HIS turn to buy donuts
  • One women was late because her alarm clock didn't go off on time
  • One was late because of being stuck on the NJ Turnpike
  • One of them missed his bus
  • One spilled food on her clothes and had to take time to change
  • One's car wouldn't start
  • One went back to answer the telephone
  • One had a child that dawdled and didn't get ready as soon as he should have
  • The one that struck me was the man who put on a new pair of shoes that morning, took the various means to get to work, but before he got there, he developed a blister on his foot and he stopped at a drugstore to buy a bandaid, that is why he is alive today
  • Now when I am stuck in traffic, miss an elevator, turn back to answer a ringing telephone...All the little things that annoy me, I think to myself, this is exactly where my guardian angel wants mt to be at  this very moment.
  • Next time your morning seems to be going wrong, the children are slow getting dressed, you can't seem to find the car keys, you hit every traffic light, don't get mad and frustrated; It may be just that someone is watching over you.
Grandpa loved to play guitar

With all of those annoying little things in life, stop and remember your guardian angel and what their possible purpose for these annoying things


The most wonderful man in the world.  I am so glad
he is one of my guardian angels.  Rip Harley Leon Forrester

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet post Ashley and so true too - thanks for sharing this with us!

    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many things have happened to me that have made me wonder why, but it's always revealed to me at some point in time. It's not up to me to determine the wheres and whens of things; it's up to God.
    Thanks for the post, Ash, and for the pics. Of course I shed a couple tears. I miss him so much but was grateful for the quality time I had with him in the end. And I do feel he is watching over us.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and moderate them, so I never miss one. Please feel free to leave me all the comments you would like