About Me

My photo
I am a 25 year old mother of one, who is 3 years old. I work for a local nursing home as a registered nurse/nursing supervisor. I have two cats that I adore greatly and a dog who is my first baby.

Monday, January 10, 2011

My Favorite Nursing Quotes

Chlopaya Nurse clip art


Nurses are the heart of healthcare. ~Donna Wilk Cardillo


Nursing is an art: and if it is to be made an art, it requires an exclusive devotion as hard a preparation, as any painter's or sculptor's work; for what is the having to do with dead canvas or dead marble, compared with having to do with the living body, the temple of God's spirit? It is one of the Fine Arts: I had almost said, the finest of Fine Arts. ~Florence Nightingale



When you're a nurse you know that every day you will touch a life or a life will touch yours. ~Author Unknown



Nursing is not for everyone. It takes a very strong, intelligent, and compassionate person to take on the ills of the world with passion and purpose and work to maintain the health and well-being of the planet. No wonder we're exhausted at the end of the day! ~Donna Wilk Cardillo



Nursing care comes in many forms. Sometimes it is the ability to make someone feel physically comfortable by various means. Other times it is the ability to improve the body's ability to achieve or maintain health. But often it is an uncanny yet well honed knack to see beyond the obvious and address, in some way, the deeper needs of the human soul. ~Donna Wilk Cardillo, A Daybook for Beginning Nurses



"Nurses are Angels in comfortable shoes."

-- Anonymous

                                            View Image

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and moderate them, so I never miss one. Please feel free to leave me all the comments you would like